Monday, November 30, 2009

Mosaic Monday

Whoa. Took me quite a while to figure out how in the world to make a mosaic (I'm not to technically savvy, you see), but I did it. Go me! I decided to throw in some of my favorite Texas birds from last season - Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, Black-capped Vireo, Golden-cheeked Warbler fledgie and adult, and a Green Jay.

I've been researching the GCWAs for three years and miss the little guys already! They are adorable and I got pretty attached to them and their crazy little personalities (that's right, I just said they had personalities). I love running after the fledglings and watching them learn how to forage on their own.

I did some work with the Black-capped Vireos too...I tried all season to get a good photo of them - they are insanely hyperactive and they really like to make you crawl through some thick vegetation to find them! The GCWA and BCVI photos are from Hill Country/Real County.

The Green Jay is from a trip to south Texas. Beautiful birds. That was the first time I had seen them, I was pretty excited. And the Scissor-tailed is from Real County also...always a handsome and charismatic bird.

Check out mosaics at http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/search/label/Mosaic%20Monday

(sorry, I'm having a hard time getting used to macs and posting actual links!)

5 comments:

Carol said...

You did it & you did it well! Bravo!

eileeninmd said...

You have some nice birds in Texas. I would love to see the Green Jay. Great photos and mosaic.

Johnny Nutcase said...

thanks for the thumbs up, Carol and Eileen!

Mary said...

Great job, Jill! You have some very pretty birds in Texas -- very different from what I see here in NJ. thanks for sharing at MM. :)

Anonymous said...

I just saw a green jay and other times the golden cheeked werbler. Also the ariole