Monday, December 7, 2009

Plovers and Sparrows

I posted about the Mountain Plover yesterday, but I'm including him in this post too...because well, he was pretty cool. It was freezing yesterday, but the clouds were fancy pants. Mountains, dunes, sand, and fancy clouds all in one! This is from the north side of Clam Beach.

This Snowy Plover (top photo) is from Clam Beach also. There were a handful of them near the MOPL (the guy right above, a rare visitor here). Less exciting birds than the plovers, but these Golden-crowned Sparrows are from the Arcata Marsh. And the Song Sparrow (right below) is from Fay Slough.


Click here for more my world tuesday posts.

8 comments:

Photo Cache said...

Wow, cool collection of shots. I enjoyed your post.

Sylvia K said...

Oh, I really enjoyed all your bird shots! A delightful post and what a lovely corner of your world!

Have a great week!

Sylvia

Catherine said...

cute birds - but that sky is truly amazing!!

Indrani said...

Cool shots, friendly birds. They did give good poses. :)

Jenn said...

Beautiful captures of birds. They are adorable.

Riet said...

Beautiful pictures. Lovely birds too

storyteller said...

How fun to see these adorable birds from your world at such close range!
Hugs and blessings,
My World

Steve Borichevsky said...

Love the sparrows. I don't get snowy plovers here, but I do get piping plovers!