Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Angry Ocean


Ever since we got back from the tropics, it's been nonstop rain here. There was an ever so slight lull in the rain this afternoon, so we booked it outside while it lasted...which, wasn't long. We went to the North Spit and realized the waves were out of control. They weren't as big as a couple months ago (they got 30 feet then) but the wind made for some fancy spray. It started raining after 20 minutes or so, plus, it was freeeezing! so we bolted outta there quickly. Here's a couple pictures of the crazy waves and a short video.
There is some pretty good flooding here. The fields are soaked - I could put my kayak in they were so deep. Give us a break, rain, come on! Watery Wednesday

Post script: I guess you can't upload videos on blogger anymore? Bummer! Here's the link to it via youtube, maybe it'll work? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiH4_daSvvw


This Western Gull was nice enough to stop and pose for a minute.


15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Great photos, Jill! The waves do look angry. Great shots!

ramblingwoods said...

I heard you were getting pounded and I think I heard two more storm systems were on the way...Great wave and gull photos..Michelle

Martha Z said...

I don't have those wonderful waves and spray but I sure have the wind and rain!

Marie Höglund said...

How wonderful you have captured these roaring waves.

JOE TODD said...

Those are some kind of waves

Shannara said...

Great captures!

Greenearth said...

Those waves look wild and exciting. Great photos.

Carolyn Ford said...

I love the ocean when it is like this...and I have my camera with me! Every wave is a different scene...and angry it appears to be.

Helena said...

Gorgeous shots! I love your waves!

J Bar said...

Great shots.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Denise said...

These are great, love that stormy looking surf and those close-ups of the seagulls are wonderful!

Mona Sweden said...

These shots are gorgeous! I love, love, love them!!!!!!

Dimple said...

I wouldn't want to be out in that surf! But I would love to watch it...

nuts said...

oh, what a gorgeous photo you have here. postcard photo! look at the gulls, amazing shots!!

luna miranda said...

fabulous photos of wave action! stay dry!