Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fickle Sky


Two important things to know about this entry:
1. WE SAW THE END OF THE RAINBOW!!
2. All these pictures were taken within 15-20 minutes of each other, within 5 miles.

So, it's true. There really is an end to a rainbow. This is crazy stuff. I can't believe we saw that, you never see that! Pretty, well, dare I say...rad! I just had a chance to take one picture before the rainbow changed and we couldn't see the bottom anymore. But you can see it's touching the road in that picture. Snazzy stuff!
We saw the end of the rainbow...now what happens?!

Again, it rained 98% of the day. With the one tiny break in the clouds, we drove over to the South Spit. The road we usually take to get there was flooded, so we had to go the long way and the clouds were chasing us the whole time. The light was so bizarre and the sky was altering itself by the second, which made for a weird series of pictures, since they all look like they were taken at different times and places. But nope, all within 15-20 minutes, within a 5 mile stretch. And there you have it. Skywatch and Scenic Sunday

21 comments:

Me and my puppies said...

Yes, yes you did! Hope you made a wish, grabbed the "pot of gold" and ran!

Jom Manilat said...

I guess you found the pot of gould! Congratulations if you did, otherwise congratulations to the photo of it.

J Bar said...

Greta shots and great title for your post.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Guy D said...

I can't decide which one i like the most, excellent pics.

All the best
GuyRegina In Pictures

LV said...

I enjoyed all your pictures, but I love anything with a rainbow. To me they are one of Nature's best shows.

Rune said...

There were many beautiful pictures, and the rainbow was great! :)

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful sky photos and how cool to see the end of the rainbow. Did you see a pot of gold?

RobinfromCA said...

Your photos are wonderful! I have to say that the end of the rainbow is my favorite because it truly is something we never see!

Jossie said...

You were so lucky to take that photo of the end of the rainbow. Never seen that before. Wonderful.

Sylvia K said...

Marvelous photos! We've had the same kind of "I don't know what my mood is" kind of skies this past week. You caught yours in all their moods! Terrific! Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

MARGARET GOSDEN 2 said...

Great picture series. Loved seeing the end of the rainbow and, therefore, the end of the myth! It has to be a first as records go?

Patti said...

That is unbelievable!! Wow, great shots!

Splendid Little Stars said...

rad! snazzy! loved this post! Your photos are so wonderful!

nice A said...

Very scenic shots! Very relaxing scenes on a weekend.

Lorac said...

Wow! I love rainbows but to also find the end of one is amazing! Well done! I have never seen that before.

Christina. Sweden said...

great scenerys and awesome rainbow shots!

Tammie Lee said...

I love that you saw the end of the rainbow! Your photos are wonderful to see.

Stine in Ontario said...

How great that you captures the rainbow!

Linnea W said...

Wonderful series of shots. So rainy days and gray skies do make for excellent photo ops. I guess someone else got to the pot of gold before you did!

Helena said...

Wow... That's got to be one of the best rainbow pics I've ever seen! The rest of your shots are pretty snazzy too! :)

Guy Jonsson said...

Hi Jill,
Thanks for visiting my photo on SkyWatch Friday. (http://manilat.se/?p=597 )
A friend and I, who share a passion for photography, have started a site called
Everyday Life Around the World. (http://everydaylifeatw.com )
This is about sharing little pieces of your everyday life with people all over the world. There will be a new theme each week. The theme will be presented on Sunday and then you have the whole following week to post your picture.
The theme for this week is “A typical house in my village/town!”
I hope to see a house from the place where you live.
Best wishes
Guy Jonsson