Monday, February 1, 2010

Sledding!


We went up to Oregon this past weekend to go sledding with the siblings and niece and nephew. Fun stuff! I haven't seen 'real' snow since I lived in Flagstaff, AZ which was a while ago now. We went up near-ish Crater Lake and while there wasn't a ton of snow, it definitely got the job done and we had tons o' fun. I'm pretty sure the snow made me act like I was about nine years old. This picture below...almost an injury.
In addition to sledding, we played some serious football, went bowling, practiced some more of the slackline, did yoga, ate a lot of tasty food and stopped at an excellent little winery for a tasting. It was great to get most of the family together for a few days. I head back to Tennessee next week to see mom and dad and Garf and am looking forward to that, too.
(Zac doing manly things below)
(evidence that I apparently enjoy sledding, below)

8 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

Looks like you had a great time..I will be happy to send you some snow, we have plenty...Michelle

Tabib said...

Happy and cool place!.
We don't have snow here, but plenty of WATER!

NatureFootstep said...

how fun. :) When I was a kid we used that kind of wheeltubes for swimming games. :)

jason said...

I think it's obvious from the photos that you absolutely hated the experience. What else could explain that ear-to-ear grin?

Looks like a blast! Glad you two enjoyed yourselves.

Dan said...

Snow and wine tasting - the perfect combination!!

Spiderdama said...

This looks great!:-) You have many nice picture on your blog!

Carolyn Ford said...

What a hoot! Such fun! And, wine tasting after all the fun...fabulous!

Sunny said...

How are you doing with the slack line? We need to get ours out more often.