Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Trinidad and Tobago: Last Day


Last post for Trinidad and Tobago. Jan 12 (Day 13), we spent the vast majority of the day at the Pigeon Point beach. Our last day we went back to Pigeon Point and also to the wastewater treatment ponds (romantic, right?). Lots of bird action there, including a Striated Heron, which is apparently quite rare for Tobago (but not Trinidad). That's the really crappy picture at the bottom. I said I'd put a list (that's so nerdy) up of the birds we saw, maybe I'll get around to that. Perhaps. Here's some crazy looking anhingas. Their necks kind of weird me out, then again, necks in general weird me out. Also a green heron and us on the beach with the awesome water...sighI miss the sun and the heat, badly. I don't think seasonal depression is a joke. Outdoor Wednesday

18 comments:

Sistertex said...

Oh such beauty....clear blue waters and warmth.

Beautiful. I feel badly for you having to leave it.

Julie said...

Beautiful Blog! Enjoyed my visit.

Julie
www.equusvilla.blogspot.com
www.ridingaside.blogspot.com

Seagull Steve said...

Looks amazing. Yes the urge to post lists is strong but it is usually a self-serving indulgence...but they can be useful to people I suppose, if they want to know what they might see at given location. Do what you think is best!

Stine in Ontario said...

The water is so blue and welcoming! Why did you leave? LOL

Your bird photos are awesome.

magiceye said...

superb captures all!

kim said...

Oh, look at that crystal clear water. So pretty. Great bird shots.

Carolyn Ford said...

The birds are great, but, it's the water that I love...reminds me of the Florida Keys (particularly Bahia Honda State Park) I could stare at this kind of water indefinitely...beautiful! And, you 2 look great too!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful shots, the water is just gorgeous. Love the herons!

Ms. Bake-it said...

Fabulous shots! What fabulously clear water. Great shots of the Anhingas. Your comment cracked me up! You are quite lucky to be able to visit all of these beautiful places.

~ Tracy

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

Wonderful photos!! Makes me want to pack my bags!!


Happy OW!!

jeanne said...

What a wonderful place to visit. There are lots of water birds in Florida where I am from. They are beautiful to see.
We now live in NC and enjoy the mountains.

Lovely photos. Hugs, Jeanne

Beth said...

Jill, Your photos are spectacular! I loved the mice videos.
Thanks for visiting my blog and telling me about your trip to Victoria. This morning the Today show hosts were shown enjoying tea at the Empress.

NatureFootstep said...

this looks soooooo good. Wish I was there. With sun and ocan and birds, it got it all. :)

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

The photos of the water are just amazing! I want to jump in for a swim!!

Marsha said...

Your photos are just beautiful - I wish I was there :) I could use some sunshine and warmth.

Patriotic Mom said...

The water makes me want to jump in! Joan

Rambling Woods said...

Wow..two beautiful young people..blue water..birds.. what could be better... Uh..if I was there... Michelle

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jill: Those are beautiful bird shots. The Anhingas is a bird I want to see in the wild.