Sunday, May 30, 2010

Every Day Birds


Here's some pictures of some every day birds. It's all I got right now. Robin (whoa!) with his worm prize, Red-winged Blackbird nestlings. Hungry babies. (both from the 2 day trip to Nashville) Great Egret. (from Noxubee, MS) Hopefully I'll get some good photos around here sooner than later. The weather is finally bearable in the late mornings/afternoons so I can go outside without getting frostbite or hypothermia. I have such a low tolerance for cold.
Speaking of birds, I found 3 Willow Flycatchers today - YAY! They are late this year because of the insanely cold weather. So I was pretty pumped to get three of them today.
So happy to be back in the field work swing of things, it's been too long. Too long. To clear up any confusion, we're currently in Truckee, CA and will be until the end of August. (working and playing). Internet connection at the field house doesn't exist just yet but hopefully we'll get it soon. Bird Photography Weekly, My World

16 comments:

Colleen said...

Robins may be every day, but I don't think the egrets are boring at all.

eileeninmd said...

Nice photos of the everyday birds, Jill!

Michael said...

Those babies are mostly mouth and stomach. Love em.

Stephanie V said...

Not so ordinary in my world. Love those hungry blackbird babies. If robin's not careful, they'll snatch the worm from his beak.

Carolyn Ford said...

I love the Great White Egret and those babies are priceless. So...you travels to the south were travels only...I thought you were going to be there for a while...you did a lot of driving, wow! But, don't you love a good road trip?!

Dominic Gendron said...

As common as they are...they are still nice! Great images ;)

Larry said...

Well Jill, just remember that common to some people is extraordinary to others :-)

I have seen hundreds of Red-winged Blackbirds but never found a nest. Those nestlings are extremely cute and the nest is very cool in and of itself!

I like the Great Egret shots and, yes, the American Robin too.

Congrats on the Willow Flycatchers!

Susan said...

I think your robin is great! I love hearing them sing early in the morning - totally beats the unbearably earnest woman on the radio who's chatter about the latest disaster or whatever has happened overnight - wakes me up every day so I can turn her off and listen to the birds.

Clytie said...

We may see them every day, but they are still little miracles!

Beautiful photos!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jill: Cool photos from your local birds.

MaineBirder said...

What a wonderful photos series to remind one that it is still spring!

Arija said...

More like every day feeding and feeding and feeding . . . those mouths keep getting bigger and more insistent by the minute!
Great shots and enjoy your fieldwork. Always so much better than stuck indoors.

Willard said...

A wonderful series of bird photos, Jill.

cat said...

Wow these photos are great!

Carolyn said...

The babes are wonderful and the egret is something we don't see up here. Beautiful captures.
Smiles

NatureFootstep said...

glad to see you online. :)

And a lot of great pics as usual.