Wednesday, May 12, 2010

More Friends

Holy crap, packing is making me iiinnnnssaaannne! I just wanna go play outside. Being rather nomadic, I should be a packing pro. Alas, that's not the case. However, I am a stuff sack master.
Yup. On a different note, here's some other recent sightings. None are excellent photos, but whatever. The tadpoles are my new best friends. What? Something like that...there are a few gigantic puddles where they are thriving and the other day I watched them for a good 45 minutes. (the few people who walked by looked at me kinda funny) There were tons of insect eggs (the two yellow dots next to it's head) that they were feasting on. A lot of them had back legs already and were itty bitty miniature froglets. I'm hoping to go back tomorrow and try for some more photos. I think the majority of them were Pacific Treefrog tadpoles.
The Western Skink (top photo) is from a couple weeks ago. What a fancy fellow. The River Otter above was at Patrick's Point a few days ago. I mentioned him in the anemone post. He came out of the ocean (yes, he's a river otter, not a sea otter) and started rubbing his face on a rock like a rubaholic. It was cute. i think I love him. He didn't stay long though. Nature Notes

Dragonflies are from the other day, with the tadpoles. I'm not an odes person and therefore not sure what these are. Perhaps I'll access later.

20 comments:

Carver said...

I always think your photos are great. Besides the subject matter being so good, you have a great eye and capture both detail and that elusive something else I can't think of the word for. Maybe it's the mood or the attitude that I like so much and which comes through in your shots.

I think one of the reasons I've never moved is because I'm so daunted by the idea of packing so my hats off to you. I never intended to be so stationary so I admire your nomadic life.

SandyCarlson said...

Your photos are wonderful, and your writing is even better because it's you, and you are great.

Colleen said...

Love the tadpoles! I hope your move goes smoothly.

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

Jill, very nice shots, dear
I like your photos and texts, Jill
have anice day
http://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/05/you-are-the-sunshine-of-my-life/

elvira pajarola said...

Animals aren't only beautiful and man's best friends...they are also supersympatic.....! ....The proof are these splendid amazingly sympatic photos........!!!
I just adore the first one........it is outstandingly fantastic, Jill!!!!!!!!!!
ciao ciao elvira

ramblingwoods said...

How did you get photos of tadpoles. Amazing! I should go take a look at the pools in the woods for them. When it gets a little warmer that it. Good luck with packing..I hate it....Michelle

Clytie said...

I love frogs and tadpoles! I always look forward to these little guys in my dad's pond. However this year we had an influx of newts and bye bye frog eggs and tadpoles. Sigh.

Steve Borichevsky said...

Great bunch of critters. The otter is pretty cool!

Seagull Steve said...

That first tadpole shot is hilarious!

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a lovely series of photos, especially the otter, looking so relaxed in the sun. I love watching tadpoles too!

eileeninmd said...

Cool critters, Jill! I lov ethe otter too. The tadpoles are neat to watch.

anw said...

Skinks are some of my favs.

jason said...

The skink is beautiful, but, yep, I'm smitten with the otter. How could I not be!

I hope the packing is going smoothly, Jill, and I'm glad you're still getting out and about when possible. You deserve a break.

cat said...

The tadpoles are so cute and funny looking but the otter is so very very cute and beautiful. I really love the otter photo :)

MyMaracas said...

I'm always amazed at the photos you get. The lizard is especially impressive. I've never had one hang around for a photo shoot.

Carolyn Ford said...

I like how you say whatever is floating through your mind and somehow it all works with whatever your photos are for the moment. You certainly make it a joy to view the scenes of "what you would rather be doing!" Love it!

Tammie Lee said...

fantastic photos!!!! wishing you the best with your packing.

gengen said...

Wow they are interesting creature...happy SS!

Mine is here

A piece of news said...

Insect eggs: wow. That's something I never would have thought I would get to see and then know what I'm looking at. Fabulous!

joey said...

I too am in love with the river otter, Jill. That pic couldn't be any cuter! It's always a joy to see life through your gifted eye :)