Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fledglings!


(Mountain Bluebird and Mountain Chickadee fledglings above)
The baby birds are out and about if you haven't noticed. So many fledglings everywhere! Makes me happy. The birds are getting pretty quiet in general since it's August but the fledgling everythings are quite chatty. Here's a couple little guys I've seen lately -only a very small handful of 'em. I was about to make a list but that would just be silly cause it would be way too long. So I'll just say the Chukar and the Mountain Quail babies recently were ridiculously cute!
(Black-throated Sparrow fledgling)
Also, Zac is flying to Mississippi today and so I'm bummed about that cause I won't see him for about 6 or so weeks. Nooo! Another 3 weeks of field work and then I'll be taking a leisurely amount of time to drive back (via Montana, Wyoming, Utah, etc) to the deep South. Anyway, Zac's taking the computer so I won't be able to do the blog thing as often, so I apologize if I'm much less attentive to my blog friends. I'll make up for it this fall! I've got quite a few recent photos on the thumbdrive and can use the work computer sometimes, so I have that to hold me over for a little while. But it's likely I'm going to have a hoard of new photos by the time I get to MS. So there you have it! Camera Critters Scenic Sunday SOOC (Green-tailed Towhee fledgling below)

26 comments:

Janie said...

The fledglings are adorable. We're seeing a lot of them here, too.

Phil said...

Green-tailed Towhee? - that's a new one on me.No computer, now that is sad for you but not like having no birds.

Dominic Gendron said...

I love the moutain bluebird...its so cute! The chickade doesnt seem to diffferent form our "black-capped" ;)Nice shots

Kate said...

Oh, how sweet. :) Try as I might, I cannot encourage the mountain bluebirds to visit me. But, I see them on the trails a lot. They're a favorite of mine...

jason said...

Nice shots, Jill. All of them adorable. It definitely is a good time to see baby birds.

Steve Borichevsky said...

I know it sucks to be away from you significant other for such a period of time. Been there, done that. But this will pass.

Great photos as always.

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Fantastic shots.
Cheers
Melbourne Daily Photo

Shey said...

Fantastic fledglings shots. Very cute.

I know it's hard to be away from loved ones but I hope the days go fast for you. As they say, distance makes the heart grow more fonder, though. :)

Happy weekend!

A Bear Sighting

Nikki-ann said...

So beautiful.

Wonderful photos :)

cat said...

Awww they are just darling :)

Rosadimaggio63 said...

Dolcissimi questi piccoli uccelli...
Belle immagini di libertà !
Buona serata :)

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Young birds fresh from the nest, absolutely one of the most wonderful things to view in nature~ Lovely presentation Jill~

Michael said...

Fledglings make me happy too. Great to see them

Anna said...

The fledglings are adorable. Excellent shots.

Jan said...

Thank you for sharing these wonderful captures. I jealous of your trip, be safe and have a good time.

Manang Kim said...

Oh wow this is such an amazing shot! Love it!

Sunflower

Patti said...

So beautiful. The last one is my favorite. You had him really posing for you!

The OriginalPsyn said...

Beautiful shots, it's amazing how close you can get to these little birds.

Kathleen A. Ryan said...

Gorgeous photos of these delicate, gorgeous creatures!

Halcyon said...

Who can resist babies - of any kind!

They're all so cute with their downy feathers. :D

I have a juvenile red-headed woodpecker up today. Not as sweet as these guys, but cute in his own way too.

April said...

It's so nice to see the fledglings. The Chickadee is very cute. Lovely photos!

Larry said...

Great shots of all the fledglings Jill! A Green-tailed Towhee fledgling, wow!

Of course I love the Mountain Bluebird but I want to see the Chukar and Mountain Quail chicks! Little balls of fluff I imagine ;-)

NatureFootstep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NatureFootstep Birds said...

I especially like the Black-throated Sparrow fledgling, despite the fact it has no black throat. Maybe it´s dad has. lol.

dreamfalcon said...

I like how the fledglings have a hint of what they will be: a little blue or greenish in their feathers - but the black throated sparrow's got a white throat.

Lana Gramlich said...

I used to raise game birds (inc. chukar partridge & various types of quail,) so I know how adorable they are. Very young quail remind me of weebles. They wobble, but look like they won't fall down (considering the comparitively HUGE size of their feet. *L*)