Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Yosemite for a minute


Took a quick trip to Yosemite in mid-August. Yosemite is cool, but definitely not my favorite park. Spent some more time around Mono again also. Zac and I were there in June and the light and sky were much better so I'm not putting any Mono photos up this time around.
Did a pretty nice hike in the park up North Dome...still way too many people for my liking even though it was an 'unpopular' trail. I dunno, in my opinion, parts of Desolation Wilderness in the Sierra are just as great, if not greater, than Yosemite. Stayed far away from the Valley, with good reason. We had excellent weather, little cold at night but not too bad. No bears this time around, I always see bears at Yosemite. What's that about? (but that's okay, because I have seen 13 bears in 3 months...)
I'll put another post up of this Golden-manteld ground Squirrel. Pretty much too cute for his own good. I have a great one of him yawning, talking crazy talk. Good stuff. (Giant Sequoias above, their beautiful cones below) Scenic Sunday

17 comments:

Don't Bug Me! said...

Ahhhhh, you just can't help yourself with those squirrels, can you? So adorable.

Piyush said...

The squirrels are really adorable Jill. Nice shots. Have a great weekend ahead

ChrisJ said...

Yes, always too many people in our national parks. I was not too impressed with Yosemite for that reason. But imagine if you just came upon it and there were no people and all that touristy stuff was gone. It must have been pretty breathtaking.

NatureFootstep said...

that was one cute squirrel, don´t think I have seen it before. I like those mountains. :)

Woody said...

I've never been to Yosemite, but I'd like to visit there some day. I know it crowded, but it would still be fun, especially if I could see squirrels like that!

ladyfi said...

Fabulous treasures: golden trees and squirrels!

Kirigalpoththa said...

Beautiful landscape pictures!

Kitty said...

To me it looks awesome! I know what you mean though - sometimes you need to see a place with new eyes. I have visited the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland an insane number of times, but just recently I started noticing the looks of wonder on peoples' faces when they saw the stones for the first time. It helped me to reappreciate the place..

Rimkogeren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rimkogeren said...

Fantastic photo. Number 1 is my favorite.

Birgitta "foto CHIP" said...

I do love your photos! The last one is so cute :)
I have been there :D
http://foto.rudenius.se/post/2010/09/24/Scenic-Sunday-e28093-In-action.aspx

Jenn said...

Even if it's not your favorite, it still is a beautiful landscape (in my opinion). Love that squirrel shot!

Walk in New York said...

magnifique paysage et j'adore les photos des ecureuils

cat said...

Fantastic views and cute little squirrels :)

Carolyn Ford said...

Squirrels are just too cute! We really enjoyed Yosemite in March...not too many people in the valley or on the trails, at least, compared to the summer season. The Sierra Wilderness is hard to beat any time of year. My daughter and her family ran into 3 bears in Mammoth a few weeks ago...right up close and personal too! The first guy ate a hole in their ice chest which was sitting right beside them while they were fishing at Lake Mary! They quietly stepped aside...gulp! And, then he swiped his paw into the water (right in front of their chairs) and caught a fish and ate it in front of them! My little grandson had a fit that the bear got HIS fish...and then the story nearly repeated itself the next day. Oh, the bear stories they had for us when they returned...and pictures too!

cHe said...

nice view!

Ann said...

If I manage to come to USA, this is one place I want to visit.