Wednesday, October 6, 2010

These Gods Part III


Just a quick post...currently in Tennessee, headed to Minnesota tomorrow for the next few days. Then back to Tennessee. And then back to Mississippi again. I find it kinda fun to confuse people on my whereabouts. There are no Bristlecone Pines in either of these places, but here's some pictures of them (from July in the White Mountains, CA). I've mentioned my admiration for them numerous times before, but oh! I'll say it again. Love love looove 'em

10 comments:

Woody said...

I love'em too. One day, I'd like to see/photograph them in person. Awesome.

Ben and Carrie Tracks said...

So beautiful.... always a pleasure to stop in at your site :) Loving the Pikas below too!

~mel said...

I can see why you have an admiration for the Bristlecone Pines ~ they're quite interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Gaelyn said...

In the White Mts you may have seen the oldest Bristlecone Pine alive. The exact location is a secret.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

I know you love these trees and your joy in sharing them makes me so much desire a visit to them one day~

Mama Zen said...

Those are amazing!

NatureFootstep said...

I think it is easy to looooove´em :)

How do you keep track of what you are doing and where you are? A lot of notes I bet. And a mobile, wireless internet?

Ann said...

Have the trees died because of dryness?

Harold Stiver said...

Those are excellent. Well done!!

elvira pajarola said...

The first Bristlecone Pine wood could be an ARTISTS PIECE, don't you think...?
So magnificient...it could be a flower, a kind of "polpo" fantastic.....
such a wonderful countryside....!

(ohh, I forgot to mention: The little sweety guy on the Header...but how did he learn to compose such a great flower-green-bouquet for his girl friend....?
Too sweet...!!!!)

ciao ciao elvira