Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Black Canyon's Welcoming Committee (Day 18)

6 Sept.

Left Grand Junction and got to Black Canyon of the Gunnison in the afternoon. I approved immediately. What an impressive place! Put our tents up and were soon greeted by Green-tailed and Spotted Towhees, Wilson's Warblers (2nd photo), a Hammond's Flycatcher (1st photo), and a few deer right next to our tents. Nice! Pretty happening little spot. Checked the park out a little bit before it got dark but didn't have much time before that happened. Rather fond of this place. Big ol' playground! Outdoor Wednesday
(Spotted Towhee above, Mule deer below)

13 comments:

Mama Zen said...

What a gorgeous place!

Elizabeth said...

That Spotted Towhee looks rough!

Beautiful pictures as usual. Wilson's Warblers are my favorite warbler because of the male's charming little hat.

Out on the prairie said...

I enjoyed all of your pictures but really like the warbler.Very nice place to play.

Al said...

I was out there a couple of years ago, and I agree that it's an impressive place. Maybe not the Grand Canyon, but nevertheless well worth seeing. Nice shots!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful photos, Jill! The birds are all wonderful. The canyon looks beautiful.

Gaelyn said...

This place is SO spectacular. Love your welcoming committee. Haven't been there in over 35 years. Maybe next fall.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow what an incredible place! Amazing pictures.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Marites said...

you have amazing photos! Those birds are reallly adorable.

HollyC said...

Hi! Your photos are stunning! I love all of them! Black Canyon looks like a wonderful place to visit. Thanks for sharing and Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
~Holly

Donnie said...

The photos were marvelous I can't imagine what it looks like in person. Gorgeous.

Linda said...

Wonderful photos!Thanks for sharing!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I see bird photos like yours and I imagine myself petting the birds. Only way I'd be able to, I know. Great photos!

Ann said...

I don't know if I am brave enough to trek this place. Glad you have a great time. Tweet!!!!