Friday, December 31, 2010

Hey 2010! Don't walk away from me!


(Bighorn sheep in Northern Montana, Green Honeycreeper from Trinidad)
Wait what? 2010 where do you think you're going? It was a pretty fancy year, I'm not gonna lie. Zac and I were in Trinidad and Tobago when 2010 started, which was well, a pretty ideal way to spend New Year's Eve. And then from there, we went everywhere in between, which is obvious (and confusing) from my blog posts. I do not have the ability to stay in one place for more than a few months at a time. It just doesn't happen. I just looked at the last few pages of my blog and each post is from like 10 different states. Sometimes I confuse myself. It's all so confusing! (Hermit Thrush from West Texas below and Red-tailed boa constrictor from Tobago)
Anyway, I think I'll do different 'best of' bloggity blogs and drag them out over a week or two (since I'm good at that, dragging stuff out). So for now, here's a few of my favorite shots from this year. Happy 2011! And thanks to all my blog buddies for being fans of Count your chicken, we're taking over! :) Scenic Sunday Camera Critters
(White-bearded Manakin from Trinidad and golden-mantled ground squirrel from Yosemite)

19 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

Lovely shots, I would enjoy the islands this time of year, but then you have to come home.One year I read all the Jimmy Buffet books and was read to head to all the points he enjoyed and the hurricanes stopped my journey.I am headed to a Noon Years Eve celebration for those of us who might not stay up until midnight.

Seagull Steve said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmanakin!

Gaelyn said...

Glad I found your blog this year. I love following your travels hither an yon.
May the new year lead you down even more paths through the journey of life.

Kay L. Davies said...

Super photos. I love the first one and the last one.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

VioletSky said...

I have wondered avout your travelling... but enjoy the photos you take so keep on moving!

Barb said...

Hi Jill, I love it that you're a wanderer because I can wander along with you via the blog. (and never have to sleep in a tent...) Wishing you a 2011 just as good or better than 2010!

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Excellent work! All are beautiful.

Anna said...

Wonderful shots! I haven't been following your blog, so now I'm really confused. :P

It sounds like a lot of fun.

ksdoolittle said...

Jill, you crack me up!! Looking forward to more of your delightful posts in 2011!! Have a very happy and healthy New Year! ~karen

ChrisJ said...

You always have such great photographs! I love the big horn sheep.

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Perfect. All of them except the boa...I HATE snakes.

My Camera Critters today is "Cat's Play". Hope you can find time to visit with me.

Happy New Year.

Tricia said...

Fantastic photography, Jill! =)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Happy New Year -- Thanks for sharing your journy -- and your beautiful pix.!

Carolyn Ford said...

Happy NEW YEAR! All your critters are just as sweet as can be! How do you find all of these amazing birds? They take my breath away every time I open your posts!

Dominic Gendron said...

Quite impressive images! Jill, i wish you a very nice year ;)

purethoughts said...

i love that green bird!! love these photos.. thanks for sharing!
here is mine:
http://www.rayagregorio.com/2010/12/lord-god-made-them-all.html

Hooked on Memes said...

Beautiful birds. Happy travels.

Rajlakshmi said...

beautiful pictures... brilliantly captured :D

theys roland said...

Beautiful birds.excellent photo!