Saturday, April 23, 2011

That's absurd!


(Hooded Oriole above) Hello there. Remember me? Kind of? Maybe? Well. Been consumed by some crazy long work days lately. And when that's done I'm usually outside playing, so haven't gotten much computer time in these days. Yup. (Lesser Goldfinch below)
A couple weeks ago most of the crew went to Fredericksburg, TX, which is a cool little spot if you haven't been. Some of us spent some time climbing at Enchanted Rock. Another sweet place if you're into that. It had been a couple years since I'd climbed but it was pretty rad and I didn't look like too much of a fool on the rock. (I don't think?). (Painted Bunting below!)
Been running and riding the bike a lot, plenty of frisbee time as well. A good thing since I can't really function without frisbee time. (Golden-cheeked Warbler below. But he's kinda weird, he's got that little yellow mark on his butt that Black-throated Greens have. It's a little odd...dude..is he a hybrid??)
I realize now that my attention span for sitting in front of the computer is fairly nonexistent. Don't forget aboot me! (female Black-chinned Hummingbird below)

18 comments:

Barb said...

Who could forget you? I think running, biking, and frisbee playing all sound better than staring at the computer screen! I love that painted bunting - so many vivid colors. Can't believe the different types of birds you're seeing. Enjoy yourself!

Dominic Gendron said...

Glad to have news from you and new images! Great serie, the Painted Bunting is my favorites! I can't wait for warbler's to arrive here!

Steve Borichevsky said...

Oh there you are! I was worried that you got lost in the woods or something.

texwisgirl said...

i'm waiting for our painted buntings to show back up this year. last year we had 2 pair... are you keeping them down there? :) enjoy yourself!

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

I'm tempted in saying quit goofing off and playing around and get back to posting those fabulous bird photos but I'll refrain. Have fun but don't forget us.

Clytie said...

Forget you? As IF!!! I'm more worried that your wonderfully hectic schedule will make you forget about us poor schmucks here in Blogville who have never even seen a painted bunting! By 'us poor schmucks' I mean ME! :=}

Out on the prairie said...

What a nice collection. These were some wonderful photos. That work does have to happen.Nice to hear from your way.

Woody said...

We're not going to forget about you that quickly! I don't ever see orioles or buntings, so this is a treat.

Cheryl Ann said...

I was just telling hubby that you hadn't posted for a while! We just returned from the Owens Valley...saw the petroglyphs out by Bishop/White Mountains. Hope you are well!

biobabbler said...

Yeah, real likely to forget you, Queen Outdoor Adventure and CRAZY wildlife shots when my out loud reaction to the first shot (hooded, hubba hubba) was: Hooooly CRAP. Noice! Glad you've been livin' the life--it's a good thing. =)

Marka said...

Excellent posting! Now that the weather in the Northeast is starting to warm up, I too have been doing more outdoors. Cheers!

Gaelyn said...

Exploring and playing sounds like more fun than computer time. Enjoy! We'll be here.

ChrisJ said...

Beautiful bird photos. I'd love to see a painted bunting.

Lucy Corrander said...

But your patience in photography is immense.

Happy Easter.

Lucy

Arija said...

How could I possibly forget about you who have given me such a lot of joy through the interpixies!

My computer time has also limited itself for a number of good reasons. We're off on our travels again tomorrow so I may post but wo'nt have much time for comments although I still love getting them and knowing there is someone out there who actually occasionally drops by.

Have a happy time outdoorsing!!!

Mary said...

We have missed you and so glad you are still out there...;) These are great little captures of some special birds too. Glad that you are having a good time with work and play, take care~

Ms. Becky said...

I've been awaiting your return with more fabulous photos and you haven't let me down. the painted bunting is a fave. most of these don't grow around here. have a great week, and don't stay away so long! but do have fun :)

Tammie Lee said...

these are all wonderful, but that painted Bunting... won my heart!