Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Whole of the Moon


What bout The Waterboys? Took these a couple weeks ago with the moon was all big and bright and stuff. We finally had some sweet clouds to go along with it. Nice. (crazy high ISO obviously. Surprised these came out at all...)
In other news, I saved a male Painted Bunting last night. It was 100 degrees here yesterday and he appeared to be overheated. I blew on his cute little belly and he actually drank water from my palm which was FREAKING AWESOME. After ten minutes or so he started feeling better, bit me and flew off all healthy-like. I was pumped.

Also, this morning in the field I was holding my GPS, doing something extremely important, and a male Black-chinned Hummingbird landed on my GPS, which was in my hand. Are you kidding me? Talk about cool shit man.

Went down to South Texas last weekend to check out the birds (pics later). Only got one lifer (nerdy!), a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, since I'd seen pretty much everything down there before. Still had lots of fun though. I had my first Mourning Warbler a couple weeks ago too. Lots of good warblers in Hill Country this year, a lot different than other years. Saw a Prairie Warbler last week which was weird for here.
Mmmm. Hung out in the cave recently too. Went further than before and actually was swimming in pretty deep water. RAD! (the picture above is right before it went over my head). It was way too cool, who cares about mild hypothermia when there's a cave in the backyard. That's what I'm talking aboot!

14 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

That water gets cold. Love the bird story.

Martha Z said...

You sure are having some good times there in Texas but I think I'll stay west of the Pecos.

Gaelyn said...

You can have S TX. Although I did see a few lifers there.

The moon and clouds look very eerie. Fun in the cave.

Barb said...

I'll skip the cave but good for you! I like all the birds you're making friends with though.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

These moon shots are way to crazy cool!

Janie said...

Love the moon shots. The cave looks awesome!
Very cool to save a painted bunting and interact with a hummingbird. These birds must know you love them.

biobabbler said...

Fabulous. You are a walking, talking awesome-memory maker. =)

Everyday Goddess said...

wow, fabulous blog you have going here! i've never seen moon shots on a blog before, nice!

Dominic Gendron said...

OMG! those 2 first image are just awseome!

Everyday Goddess said...

I gave you one of my Weekly Goddess Awards if you would like it for your sidebar.
You can collect it at my place if you like.

Happy blogging!
Elise

Leovi said...

Beautiful and charming landscape of sky.

Jeanne said...

Visiting via Everyday Goddess.

Fabulous pictures!

Dani said...

Magnificent.

adventuresinpointingandshooting said...

Those cloud shots are lovely! I especially like the first one. Very dramatic :)