Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy turtle time


Baby turtles. They make me freaking HAPPY. And when I say happy, I mean, like, really really happy, teary-eyed happy. Cute stuff makes me cry, ya know? Here's a red-eared slider I found earlier today. He was pretty little - probably hatched around May or so. Soon after I found this guy, I almost stepped on a newly hatched snapping turtle (photos of him later). Baby turtles are one of my favorite things in life. Possibly even on my top three list of favorite things in the world. So, given my two bablet turtle finds today, it was a pretty good day.

17 comments:

Gaelyn said...

Cute!

Arija said...

They really are super cute!

Woody said...

The little guys are so great because they can't move fast nor are they as skittish as their elders so you get some extra quality time with them. I remember pet store selling these when I was a kid.

Ms. Becky said...

hey, love those waterfalls in previous post. and this guy is gorgeous.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Really great macro shots... made me smile!

Out on the prairie said...

What a good pose and funny face. Sliders have keen eyesight and don't stay around for long.

Janie said...

Aw, he is a cutie.

Gretchen said...

Very cute! He's made me smile too! =D

Stewart M said...

Hi there - very good pictures!

The Red-eared Slider is a pest species here and you can be finned if you release them in the wild! But its still an interesting looking beast!

Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

Cecilia Artista said...

He is so cute with wonderful colors! I can understand that you love them!
Lovely shots!

Artlover said...

I like the third one best. Good shot.

em said...

Great shots and super cute too!

Karen said...

SUch a happy guy! Terrific shots.

Kingdom said...

Hi! your turtles are so cute! :)

Bryan Hughes said...

Baby turtles always bite me!

Christina said...

I love red eared sliders; and the babies are just adorable! Wish they wouldn't grow so big! Great shots!

Kala said...

Fantastic details of this gorgeous little creature!