Thursday, December 29, 2011

Stuff I like. (2011 Best of. Part I)

Yeah, get on outta here 2011. You go now. Am I supposed to be doing the whole 'best of 2011' thing. I think so, the blogworld tells me so. Though I don't really like being told what to do. So here's three of my favorites for now.
1. Yellow-rumped Warbler. From Concan, Texas. This is possibly one of my favorite bird photos I've taken, errr, ever. Because lookit. Just look at him. A soaked, fuzzy ball of bird, doesn't really get a whole lot cuter than that.
2. Shiny shit. Or rather, bubblets. Bubbles? Leakey, Texas. It makes me happy.
3. Tiny monster. In the Saturniidae family, I know that much. Also in Leakey, Texas. He will haunt you in your sleepy and confused times. Also looks like a phallic garbanzo bean, which totally freaks me out.

7 comments:

Seagull Steve said...

I didn't know bubbles were so clean in Texas. Also, please stop posting pictures of my penis online (third photo).

ingrid said...

I was going to make my own comment, but Seagull Steve is a tough act to follow. Can't top that. :)

(But I do love your shots!)

Gaelyn said...

I can see why these are favorites but that last one is going to give me nightmares.

Hope to see you at the Cyber Masquerade Ball.

Out on the prairie said...

Fun shots, love the warbler.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Hmmm, I thought that maybe we were supposed to be doing that...again, so I better get to choosing too. These are great selections and that fuzzy little one, oh hoe precious! Happy new Year Jill~

Hilke Breder said...

Jill, I love the phallic aspirations of the garbanzo bean and the really cute warbler. Have a happy and productive 2012!

Marka said...

Great selection!