Monday, January 2, 2012

Last Four (2011 Best of- Part III)

Okay then, here's the last four chosen ones. I figured 10 was an appropriate number, no? Hope 2012 is a big fat fancy happy year for everyone!
1. Female Painted Bunting, Leakey, Texas. She posed real nice. Real nice.
2. American Lotus in Northern Mississippi. I could take photos of these things for hours.
3. Texas coast sunrise. So it's really not all that spectacular, the photo I mean. But it was a pretty fantastic sunrise. On the Texas Coast. Not often that I see pretty landscapes there, so this was a little exciting. (it was also absolutely freezing!)
4. Green Anole, Eastern Mississippi. Glamour shot! I love finding these guys and they love having their photo taken. It works out well for all of us.

8 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

All very charming, I like that sunrise the best.I too enjoy the water lilies, I have taken lots of them.

Gaelyn said...

Those Lotus are amazing. Nice collection. I'd have a hard time only picking out 10 of your awesome photos.

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

I'm with you on those lotus. They look like something out of a Dr. Seuss book. Cool.

Woody said...

I'm happy you posted the lotus again, they are just cool. The Anole is a pretty handsome, I hope all this attention isn't going to his head, he'll start demanding unreasonable model fees.

Ms. Becky said...

I think the sunrise is pretty amazing. I love the Lotus shot. I've never seen one but want to. wishing you all the best cheer in 2012. I look forward to more amazing photos.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

All are brilliant Jill. Have enjoyed each of your final best/fav entries. That sky image is absolutely moving, it stirs at my emotions, and that is a good thing, beautiful. Looking forward to what you share in 2012~

Mama Zen said...

That lotus is amazing!

Janie said...

Your photos are all spectacular. I love the painted bunting and the shaking warbler in a post below.