Friday, February 3, 2012

Leaves Like These

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the witness protection program. Maybe I am!? Nooo, don't be ridiculous. I've been in Western Texas and Eastern New Mexico the last week, avoiding reality, which is something I do extremely well. It's nice to succeed in something, right?
Hung out in Carlsbad and got to have some horse therapy which always puts a smile on my face, wandered around Guadalupe National Park a bit, herded cattle???, and finally took some macro photos of desert stuffs. Here's a few of my favorite kind of leaves: the dead gnarly ones that are skeletal. I think these things are beautiful. Macro Monday

16 comments:

Al said...

They are indeed beautiful, and a great different desert view.

Janie said...

They are beutiful and unique, kind of like spirit leaves.
Herding cattle? Horse therapy? Definitely sounds fun.

Gaelyn said...

The profound art created by Nature herself.

biobabbler said...

who needs lace, when you have that.

LOVELY. =)

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Yep, you do a good job at hiding out...horse therapy sounds grand and the leaf images are brilliant!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

They are pretty cool. Note to self ... :-)

KaHolly said...

Totally amazing photographs!! Glad you are having a nice time. I went birding in the Hill Country...and my camera died. I'm so sad.

ingrid said...

As Gaelyn said, nature's profound art -- captured most beautifully in this series. Wow, just lovely.

Karen said...

Looks like lace, gorgeous!

Dianne said...

Karen's right, they're like lace
wonderful shots

horse therapy is the best

Stewart M said...

Hi there - leaves like that are great. I used to find them as a kid at the edges of ponds as winter started - not similar to your place at all.

Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

Kerri said...

These are AMAZING! Almost like lace. Really beautiful captures!

Herding Cats said...

Gorgeous!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful macro photos.

Regards and best wishes

Kala said...

Gorgeous details of the leaves, and I like your processing style.

Happy MM

Ida said...

These are awesome. I do think they are beautiful in their skeletal form.