Monday, March 26, 2012

Purple. It's all so purple.

(Above: Fale Dayflower) So things in Austin are going well. The Golden-cheeked guys are all out and about and hopefully nesting in the very near future. I'd like to see some Black-capped Vireos in the area also, but I don't know how often that'll happen. Migration hasn't brought in anything too crazy yet, but I plan on skeedaddling over to High Island when that thing happens.
Not as much opportunity for outdoor play or bird photography as there is at my happy ranch place, so I'm still adjusting to that. A lot of concrete. Lots of it. Found a few snakes (flat-head snake, texas rat snake and a blind snake) so far and the tarantulas and scorpions are all over the place, so that makes for fun rock flipping when the birds aren't singing.
Our crew is pretty great this season which makes things a lot easier. I ventured out into the SXSW thing a couple weekends ago and had a mild panic attack from the mass amount of people. (sweet jesus) Won't be doing that again. However, a few days before I got to see Delta Spirit (yeehaw!) play at a record store and got all up their face with my camera and acted like a painfully awkward 13 year girl. I think I was sweating in weird places. So embarrassing. So awesome! Mildly obsessed. (Below: Phacelia and Mountain Laurel)

9 comments:

Gaelyn said...

I'd stick with the flowers and birds over the crowds.

Out on the prairie said...

Need to be in the mood for crowds some but you are around some really great music.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Absolutely beautiful macros. Not sure how I feel about the SXSW thing. I'm a music lover, but not a big crowd lover.

Seagull Steve said...

I have to pee.

KaHolly said...

Cement City!! My first few posts after I arrive in New Braunfels mentioned the same. Takes a while to adjust. I hear you about the population!! Sounds like we are two peas in a pod. Am hoping to see a Golden-cheeked before I head out in a few weeks.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Jill, you gave me my first smile of the day, a bit of a giggle too! Those flowers ate marvelous~ Have a Happy Wednesday, see ya later~

Forest Keeper said...

Beautiful flowers!
I find that when I am in crowds I get pretty caught up in just watching all of the different people around me. People fascinate me and I start wondering what each persons life story is.

Janie said...

The purple flowers are lovely. Nice that the birds are out in force, too.

Barb said...

Stay away from those crowds or you'll be a nutcase! Love your blooms.