Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Stuff is blooming!

Yeah, that's right. Stuff. It's blooming! Spring. It's here! Much better than winter, things are looking up. Also saw and heard my first Golden-cheeked Warblers of the season, which is always a cause for some sort of celebration, right? Wandered around in the field briefly today, juniper slashed my eye a couple times, stuff like that. Here's some bright flowery things for you to look at. (Above: Ten-petal Anemone, Agarita with ? and ...I forget) (Below: Mountain Laurel, Agarita, and Ten-petal Anemone)

7 comments:

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Be...u...ti...ful!!! Love them, love spring, love it all. That butterfly is amazing looking, geesh how cool is that!
Now then about the Juniper slashing your eyes...ya gotta be more careful! I have had 3 corneal abrasions and one surgery... Take care!

Out on the prairie said...

all very nice Jill, I love the tiny butterfly,maybe a hairstreak

Barb said...

Wow - all those blooming things and a turquoise butterfly to boot! It IS spring there in TX! (Why is everyone traveling to Breckenridge over spring break?)

- Yvonaut -
Das sind Raphael und Yvonne
said...

Beautiful series! Spring is on its way!
Have a nice weekend
Yvonne & Raphael

Forest Keeper said...

This is, by far, my favorite time of the year! i love when everything is just opening up and life is surging back into nature around us. I love the anticipation of it! As many times as spring has come and gone I have never grown tired of it.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I'm hoping we get some nice blooms in the desert this year, but with the very limited rainfall, I'm not holding my breath. These are wonderful photographs!

Janie said...

Lovely flower shots. The butterfly color is unusual, and so pretty.
Hope you didn't get a serious corneal abrasion.