Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Canon people! I'm talking to you!


My beloved Canon EF 25-105 f.4L IS lens has decided to turn against me. NO! 95% of the time I try to take a photo, it says: " Err 01. Communication between the camera and lens is faulty. Clean lens contacts." Which, of course, I've done the best I can. None of my other lenses are having issues, so at least I know its the lens. I emailed Canon and they said to send the thing in, which I will inevitably have to do at some point. But I've got no warranty on this lens and they won't tell the cost to fix it. Curious if anyone else has had this error message and had a magic fix? Pretty please? In the mean time, no landscape photo taking, lame.

4 comments:

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

If you have cleaned the contacts and that did not fix it, you will likely need to send it in.

I suspect it would be a few hundred $$ to fix :-(

Google for "canon 24-105 error 01" and you will get a wealth of information.

Merisi said...

Beautiful picture!
I am so sorry about your lens acting up and hope you'll be helped soon.

Janie said...

Sorry about the lens. I hope you can get it fixed without too much expense.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Sorry to hear about this faulty lens. I've heard good things about Canon customer service / reasonable prices, but no first-hand experience.