Monday, May 21, 2012

My good friends

It took me long enough to put up some photos of my Golden-cheeked Warbler buddies. My favorite from this season so far is the fledgling preening. Come on! That's cute stuff. Real cute. Don't you just want to put the little guy in your pocket? Ahh, I love them, obviously. I keep coming back to them. It's like a little GCWA vortex thing they have going on in my head. Or maybe I just was one in my past life. Or will be one. Something like that. Makes complete sense. Just like I'm forming complete sentences...right. (male above, fledgie, female, fledgie) World Bird Wednesday Nature Notes

12 comments:

Arija said...

Beautiful birdies Jill and you sound a bit more like your indomitable cheeky self. Hope all is well now.

ChrisJ said...

Never seen a yellow cheeked warbler. He's very flashy.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

They are cute little fluffy things!

I put a new house in the yard and finally attracted a chickadee to nest there. I got little teeny ones peeping their heard off.

Gary said...

Great shots!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

HansHB said...

A lovely post for WBW!

mick said...

Great photos and I agree - very cute!

Nature Rambles said...

Thjat is such a pretty bird!!

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Jill, these are all beautiful and the young ones, so fluffy and sweet. I love your images,everything you share, always say...Jill~

Janie said...

The preening shot is awfully cute. They're beautiful birds.

Barb said...

Oh -I agree. Colorful and cute!

Rambling Woods said...

I couldn't have said it better myself.. You do sound better and don't you love the word 'cheeky'.. How cute are these guys..I love them..I need to get out and take better photos....Michelle

Libby said...

I don't blame you for loving these little guys. So cute, and such personality! Really good photos too!