Thursday, October 4, 2012

World Animal Day!

 Oh hello strangers, been a while, eh? I've been a neglecting this blog for quite some time, apologies! I'll attempt to be better about that.  Here's some old photos (I'm pretty sure I've posted most in the past) in honor of World Animal Day. I kinda dig the animal world, if that weren't obvious...(from top to bottom: Squirrel Monkey in Costa Rica, Collared Lizard in Northern Arizona, Bighorn Sheep in Northern Montana, Olingo in Costa Rica, Banana Slug on California's North Coast, Red-tailed Boa in Trinidad and Tobago, Red-billed Tropicbird in Little Tobago, Sea Lion Pup on the Lost Coast, California)

5 comments:

Dominic Gendron said...

What a nice serie of images! They are all nice...but im in love with the 2nd one. This image is so lovelly ;)

Janie said...

I was not aware of world animal day, but I'm a big fan of critters. Love your selection of photos.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Hi Jill, these are all such sweet images and as much as I enjoy animals as well, I am at a loss as to how I missed World Animal Day...got to be old age creeping in;') These are each just wonderful images shared. Have missed hearing from you. Take care~

biobabbler said...

!!! Wow. Delightful, and why didn't I hear about this day?? A treat for us, though, thanks. =)

Question: I'm going to Big Bend NP in February (1st and possibly only time), so thought I'd ask you what are no miss spots? What species to study up on so I can identify them via a fleeting glance? Think we'll be there 4 days?? biobabbler at gmail dot com, if you've any advice. I will be w/other people, but we'll also have our own car, so.... =) THANKS for whatever clues you can chuck my way!!

Laloofah said...

I share your love of animals, and so love this post. (I missed knowing it was World Animal Day too, thank goodness you brought it to our attention in such a delightful way!) I imagine you have a huge treasure trove of critter pics from which to choose, it must have been hard to make your selection but these are all great. The Big Horn Sheep and the Sea Lion pup are my favorites, and that Red-billed Tropicbird photo is superb!

Happy Belated World Animal Day, and thanks for being such a good and compassionate friend to all our fellow beings! :-)