Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Barbed Web, Webbed Barbed? Also, now I have an Etsy shop.

It's too cold here right now, a frozen tundra. I am freezing, slowly, yet quickly! It's not supposed to be this cold here. Also, I'm a monster wimp. I'll admit it. I wear a winter hat when it's under 70 degrees and I wear gloves and a hat to bed even when the heat is on. I've got issues. Yesterday, at the gym, I was all gross and sweaty after running and while lifting weights, I noticed my lips had turned blue (not an exaggeration. Kinda freaked me out).  Really, there's no need to have the a/c that cold in there. Today I lost feeling in my hands (this happens regularly when it's 'cold' though) while taking bird photos..it was like 50 degrees. I have no tolerance for this cold nonsense. I don't know how I survived living in Northern Arizona?

Back on subject though, I made an Etsy shop. Yup, I did that. So you should check it out! Jill's Etsy Stuff. That's the link, mmhmm. I only put 50 photos up, but they are all ones I've got on hand and are matted and backed and sleeved and ready to go. GO GO GO!  I'm new to that place so I'm still fine tuning some stuff. I've still got my regular website: Jill Wussow Photography but I haven't updated in a while...I should attempt to do that. Macro Monday

12 comments:

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Nice to find someone else who snivels about how cold it is at 70 degrees. This is the only redeeming factor for global warming. Were we entering a new ice age, I'd be dead sooner than my destined time.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

spiders are great, their webs are awesome on a foggy morning. It seems like a great contradiction how this one is suspended between barbed wire.

Laloofah said...

What a great photo! Spider webs make such wonderful photo ops, and this one is framed so perfectly between the (hateful) barbed wire, and I love the out-of-focus yellow flowers in the background. Well done!

Girl, I think you need to move to Costa Rica and thaw out! (Did you know their Congress recently voted unanimously to ban so-called "sport" hunting? Awesome!) Or you could spend a winter vacation here in northern WY, then maybe northern AZ would feel warm by comparison. LOL at calling yourself a monster wimp. Well, you do have "Wuss" in your name, guess it can't be helped. ;-)

Congratulations on your Etsy shop! You have some terrific photos in there ~ I've added you to my favorites. I hope your shop prospers!

ladyfi said...

That is a stunning shot!

biobabbler said...

Lovely shot. Favorited your store hours ago. Sweet!

Yes, re: cold. 2 jobs ago I'd enter my tiny office in the wintery mornings and before even setting things down, I'd crank up the heat (just to my office) to 75 degrees. The default was 68, and that's as measured at eye level and yes, I SIT when I work, 2.5 chilly feet lower than where the heating system measured the room temp. I CANNOT TYPE w/gloves on. I tried.

If you want me to write plans for you, you must provide enough heat so that my fingers work.

Now I work from home, and tho' I may look like an Eskimo sometimes, due to excessive layers (and laziness re: building fires), I am WARM! Sorry you're freezing, girly.

Kateri said...

That is such a gorgeous spider web shot! Perfectly framed by the barbed wire and so pretty with the golden flowers in the background.

Laloofah said...

Hey, Jill, I meant to mention earlier - if you haven't already you might want to list your Etsy shop with Vegan Etsy!

Red Nomad OZ said...

Praise be for barbed wire!! What would all us out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere photographer/travellers do without it?!?!

If you like wide open spaces you'll LOVE Australia!! Drop in for a virtual visit anytime!!!

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

Love the spiderweb! And you might enjoy your corner of the world more if you come over here to Switzerland and find yourself buried in snow....but snow shovelling might count as exercise?

Molly said...

Brilliant shot of the spiders web... they are amazing structures

Mollyxxx

Emily S said...

Good luck with your Etsy shop! You've got some exceptional prints!!

Gunilla B├Ąck said...

The spider web is lovely.