Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Moths migrate too, sometimes.

I started getting a bit bored with a lack of things to photograph a little while ago because it was blah and gray outside, so I started taking my headlamp and my macro lens outside at night to see what I could find. Insect friends! The only one I can identify is the last one, a cucumber moth. The middle one was actually inside the house during the day and the first guy...cutest moth you'll ever see!.....
In other news, if anyone is in the Texas Hill Country, I'll be at the Fredericksburg Trade Days this Friday-Sunday trying to sell photos in barn 2, spot 34. Come say howdy if you're in the area! Feel free to check out and 'like' my new facebook page too!  AlphabeThursday (I)

15 comments:

Tina´s PicStory said...

i like the green one :)

Sue said...

A cucumber moth, huh? Never knew such a thing existed!

Great shots.

=)

Carol L McKenna said...

Exquisite photography ~ favorite is the last one ~ all very lovely!

(A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Esther Joy said...

How unique! I never heard of a cucumber moth, but he's a interesting creature!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

shudder.....

Tracy said...

I love the bottom one

edenhills said...

With the snow and cold weather, I'm not seeing many insects. I like them better when you're sharing their pictures instead of having them buzzing around me.

Naperville Now said...

great insect shots -- best of luck at the show.

Dominic Gendron said...

Cool bugs and great images! Have a happy new year (a little late...but still) ;-)

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Fabulous!!!

Scudds Harrison said...

The green one cute :) Stunning shots x

paula j said...

Great pictures.

Laloofah said...

What great photos! I love the beautiful iridescent color of the second one! The third one is lovely, but has me baffled - it looks like she's carrying a couple of flowers on her backside! Almost makes it look like a bridal photo. Do moths have spring bridal shows? If so, you should be their photographer. :-)

Jenny said...

Moths are my kryptonite! I have no idea why but I'm terrified of them.

And now I have to worry about some new kinds.

<<>>

Thanks for linking.

A+

Pieces of Sunshine said...

Great shots! Such a variety of moths, none of which I've seen before.