Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pine Warbler Friends

I have gotten oddly attached to these Pine Warblers. There are four (I think) total, and they keep coming to the suet feeders on a daily basis. This makes me pretty happy. I've never seen warblers at feeders or suet before, for obvious reasons, but I had heard about some warblers eating suet on occasion. These Pines are pretty much guaranteed to be there every day. I've even noticed them on the regular seed feeder a couple times, which is a total goofball thing for them to do. Last week, one of them came ridiculously close to flying through the window and into the kitchen.  I actually had to put my hand out to stop him from coming inside. Not exaggerating. That was sort of weird. Wild Bird Wednesday Outdoor Wednesday Nature Notes NF Winged
I guess they're getting pretty pumped up for breeding season because yesterday I heard one of them singing - singing!? It's January, guys! Come on! (On the subject of yard birds, have I already mentioned there was a Harris's Sparrow in the yard for about a week?? Niice!)

23 comments:

Gary said...

They're beauties!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Karen said...

They are so cute!

biobabbler said...

Man. If you're having a rough day, just land your eyeballs onto a BRIGHT YELLOW ADORB birdie, and TRY to feel jaded.

IMPOSSIBLE.

=) Lovely. xo

EG CameraGirl said...

I wonder why they appear to be changing their habits, Whatever! They are such cool little birds.

mick said...

Beautiful bright little birds. It must be great to see them regularly in your yard.

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

I can see why you're enamored with them! They are beautiful. Visiting from WBW. :)

HansHB said...

Nice photos of these yellow birds!
Well done!

bettyl said...

They are just adorable! No wonder you're attached to them!

Steve Borichevsky said...

Just like you said! What fun! It's going to be a few months before we see the Pine Warblers come through Massachusetts. 'Can't wait.

LV said...

I wold love having them come visit me. They are just too cute. I never see any around here.

Kerri said...

True beauty! That coloring is amazing!

Carol L McKenna said...

What a beauty of nature ~ easy to fall in love with ~ Great post and photos ~

(A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Larry said...

Awesome Jill! Nothing like having your very own bright and cheerful bird group in the morning to start your day off right! Gorgeous shots of these little gems!

Mary Howell Cromer said...

What darling little birds. I love using suet feeders, now, even more than my seed feeders. For one a nice variety come to eat from the 7cake holders, but the spill of seed from other feeders, only is wasted on squirrels and raccoons, and that is not birdfeeding to me;'( Love them all, but the final image...superb Jill~

Pat said...

What an adorable little bird!

Frank said...

No Warblers here until the Spring!

What a joy to have these colourful beauties in your yard.

Wally Jones said...

What beautiful splotches of sunshine to have in your yard! They're probably just warming up their singing voices for when the calendar says it's okay to start dating........:)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Nothing at all odd about getting attached to these little beauties!

Stewart M said...

It is strange when the wildlife tries to come in-doors with you!

Very nice pictures.

We had a rather over domesticated Wallaby at one of the places we stayed when I was in Tasmania.

Cheers and thanks for the link to WBW.

Stewart M - Melbourne

Rambling Woods said...

Awww..how cute. You captured the sweet expressions on their faces. How do you do that? I have heard some springtime calls from the chickadees, but then they realized that it is January, but my african clawed frog (age 14) (left over from my daughter's college days) is singing his heart out. Now is that genetic as his kind are from Africa? I don't know...Michelle

Gemma Wiseman said...

Radiant, bright golden yellow on these gorgeous little characters! They are fascinating!

Mona said...

Cute little bird. The colour is amazing. Wonderful shots!

Gunilla B├Ąck said...

Cute little birds. I love th bright colour.