Thursday, February 21, 2013

Kiss the Wind

I thought the house was about to be torn apart thanks to these somewhat intimidating clouds and the wind that came along with them (gusts up to 54 mph, whaaatt!?). It was all really anticlimactic in the end though because hardly ten minutes later I took the below photo and now it's all 72 degrees and happy outside. I'll take it, oh yeah, I'll take that. Skywatch 

If you want to see something really embarrassing, you should read Steven Tucker's (aka Seagull Steve) (of Bourbon, Bastards, and Birds) blog post about me. I don't know who said those things. Also, the song "Kiss the Wind" is by The Waterboys (all hail) and you should listen to that song, but I can't find a link to the song...

19 comments:

biobabbler said...

Those are awesome clouds! That is one thing I LOVED about the Midwest was the rockin' clouds and storms (tornados!). Only time I've ever seen army green clouds. Now I know that means GET TO THE BASEMENT! And great interview. =)

Laura said...

Jill these are gorgeous!

Sylvia K said...

Terrific captures and I can understand why you were glad to see the change in skies!! Really dramatic ones for the day!! Enjoy your weekend!

HansHB said...

Dramatic clouds makes this to a great sky-post!
Well done!

Karen said...

Really great shots, the clouds are so dramatic.

Jim said...

Very dramatic.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Heather Wilde said...

Blimey that sky looked scary, very Wizard of Oz!

vincibene said...

WOW! Dramatic pictures! Impressive!

Jill c",) said...

That first picture was really something!! I just love it!!!

Elizabeth said...

I just want to know the story behind the restraining order.

NatureStop said...

Great captures.Have a great day!

Shantana

ladyfi said...

How wonderfully dramatic those clouds are.

Pam and Wayne said...

Loved the interview, makes me want to meet some field biologists! ;)

SRQ said...

Beautiful sky with the dirt path -- love it.

Barb said...

Sure glad those clouds dissipated quickly! They look ominous.

Lea said...

Wonderful sky photos, both of them!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Liz said...

The clouds on the first pic looked really threatening. Great captures! Happy sky watching.

My sky.

Stewart M said...

I think anticlimax may be a good thing under the circumstances!

Nice picture.

Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

Redlane said...

i love those ray of sunshine on the second pic. really awesome. great 'interview' you had there at Bourbon, Bastards, and Birds. happy sky watching!