Monday, February 11, 2013

Yardbirds Take II

I do love my yardbird friends. Today we got our 60th yard bird since September- it was a Pine Siskin. I think that's a decent amount of birds for the yard, eh? It's almost time for the field season (whew!) though so some of these guys aren't going to be too happy about unfilled feeders for a while. (Top photo: Pine Warbler. This is obviously cropped quite a bit but it's still surprisingly sharp, which I was happy about. 2nd Photo: White-throated Sparrow)
(Above: Carolina Chickadee) Let me just iterate how happy I am that I get to go back into the field soon. I am getting really lazy and obnoxious and bored and annoyed and antsy and need to get.out.of.here.now. I can't wait to go spend some quality time with my Golden-cheeked and Black-capped friends again, and play with my mountain bike and road bike and not be a bigfatlazybum for 6 months. Whhaaat? Also looking forward to being closer to some good good friends again and being in my happy playground. Three weeks until then! (Below: Pine Warbler) Wild Bird Wednesday, Nature Notes Camera Critters

17 comments:

Barb said...

Such great photos of your yard birds - can't believe 60! Here at altitude, I bet I don't get even 10! I didn't realize you're home and not in the field. It's great to love your work so much!

HansHB said...

Great photo, perfect post for WBW!

Gary said...

Glad to hear you're soon to be out and around!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Dave said...

Couldnt agree more, I love my garden birding. 60 Species is brilliant, well done

mick said...

A great series of photos. I hope you have time to post a few birds when you are out doing field work.

Carole M. said...

beautiful images each one; and my favourite is the YELLOW! Always very eye-catching

Karen said...

Great yardbirds, that little warbler is precious!

AmitAag said...

Lovely birds!
http://amitaag.blogspot.in/2013/02/call-beach-by-any-other-name.html

Stewart M said...

Nice set of picture.

The cropping power of modern digital cameras is remarkable really.

I call cropping "the poor (wo)man's 800mm lens!"

Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW

Stewart M - Melbourne

Mary Howell Cromer said...

That little Pine Warbler was new to me and such a lovie too, your images are always so sharp, and also some have a softened focus and a pleasure to view. Sounds like you are soon about to be set FREE:)~

Wally Jones said...

60 species in the yard?
I need a new yard.............

Wonderful images!

Rambling Woods said...

60 is my yard life list for 8 years. I want to house sit for you and just count your birds. Wow Jill.. Thanks for linking up with Nature Notes this week...Michelle

Lighthousegal said...

Great photos of your yard visitors. I enjoy watching the birds that visit my yard and seeing the ones that visit others.

ladyfi said...

What a lovely set of shots - love the splash of yellow in the first one.

Gunilla B├Ąck said...

Beautiful birds!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Envious of your bird count! And of your ability to take such charming pictures...(but not to envious to be grateful that you share them...lovely post, thanks!!) And I bet you're ready for the weather to warm up so you can be out and working in the field.

Dominic Gendron said...

Your images are always nice and colorfull! This post is no exception. Keep up the good work ;-)