Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Little guys

Welcome! hello there! I'd write more but my hands are frozen and typing is no fun (excuses, excuses, eh? Mmhmm)! Yeah...Texas, what? 35 degrees this morning? I do not approve. I'm craving my happy-thriving temperature of 84 and above. This 30's thing this is pretty unacceptable. I'm not made for this nonsense, guys!  
But hey, the buntings are back! I've had two lazuli's at my feeder set up the last couple days, though sadly they will pass on through here pretty soon. Indigo bunting and some blue grosbeaks. I had 4 warbler species in the feeder tree, along with 13 other species yesterday all within 30 minutes or so. Well that's real special, eh?

8 comments:

Arija said...

Jill, you do take some amazing insect shots. Those bees are just stunning. Pity there was no shot of the indigo bunting, they have such a rich colour.
Sending you hugs to keep you warm . .

Barb said...

Your creepy crawlies will freeze! (Cold here in CO too.)

biobabbler said...

All great shots, as per, but those bees KILL ME they're so darn CUTE! Hope you warm up soon. =)

TheChieftess said...

Great shots!!! But eeeeuuuwww!!! I don't like bugs!!!

JK said...

Hot damn that first photo is epic

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Love the bugs, hate the cold too! It is Spring for goodness gracious sakes. The birds sound great!

Janie said...

The bugs probably aren't happy with 30's temps, either. But I'm sure it'll warm up soon enough down there in Texas.
We have lazulis here all summer, but I haven't seen one yet.
Love the bug photos. Great detail of the little guys.

KaHolly said...

Little faces only a mother could love!! Great series of shots.