Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Canyon Wrens!

I'ts been a bit of a bullshit week for a few different reasons, so I'm in the mood for something cute. I mean, I am generally always in the mood for something cute, but right now especially. So I'll share these ridiculously adorable canyon wrens with you. They fledged a couple days later (5 of 'em!). In the photo below, you can see mom or dad looks a little appalled by that one nestling. He (or she) was feeding them a spider. I think said nestling kinda liked it.

4 comments:

veredit - isabella kramer said...

So cute these little hungry babies!!
Beautiful family pictures ♥

wish you a lovely week.

xo, isabella

dinascitywildlife.com said...

They are so cute! Great to see the family life of these little birds.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Wow Jill, these images are magical, really amazing. What photo program do you use...these look brilliant. I hope that your days are filled with more joy and not so bad~

Janie said...

What a great glimpse into the canyon wren's nest! We hear the canyon wrens often, but rarely see them. I love the descending notes of their song.