Friday, September 6, 2013

Happy story

 
Well hello there, I'm alive.I'm alive! He's alive! Meet my little American Robin buddy. I found him when I was in Tennessee recently. I felt like I needed to check out the lake for a quick minute before leaving the house. Was just going out there for a minute because, well, I felt like something was up. My animal-in-distress instinct was right:  this little fledgling was pretty much drowning, stuck in a big glob gob of algae. He wasn't looking too hot, soaking wet and I didn't see any adults around. Couldn't find a nest, thinking he was force fledged. Luckily, the sun was just starting to show itself, so I stuck him in a safe sunny zone in a tree nearby. Kept checking on him every thirty minutes or so and a couple hours later, he was getting nice and fluffy dry. Soon after that he started begging and soon after that, his parents found him and started shoving worms down his throat! Excellent! There's your happy story of the day. :)

4 comments:

Arija said...

Oh, you darling, nature attuned rescuer! The women in my family are like that, granddaughter dropping what she is doing and heading to the far paddock a couple of miles away, just because something draws her there and lo, there is a sheep in distress or a birth that needs assistance. It is a lovely thing to be attuned to land and nature.

ChrisJ said...

Love that happy story! :)

Mary Howell Cromer said...

How wonderful and I always like when those instincts kick in and we get it right. Happy little Robin, Happy Jill, happy outcome and happy weekend~

Janie said...

Glad you were able to help out the little guy. It's always nice to hear a story with a happy ending.