Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Bladder control, mild hypothermia and kinglets

It's approximately 23 degrees in the library right now, so since I've lost the feeling in my hands and I'm banging around on the keyboard like a camel or something,  I can't write you up another novel this blog around.
So here are just a few quick and very important notes:
---- I saw The Waterboys in Austin last week and did my best to contain my rabid excitement. (I managed not to pee on myself from overwhelming joy, but I did cry a lot because I am so in love with Mike Scott and his sheer genius brings me to tears every time. I cannot help it).
---- Texas is drowning.
---- I'm pretty sure that I do not have hantavirus. 
---- The Pine Warblers, Ruby-crowned Kinglets and White-throated sparrows have returned!  Actually, we got 7 new yard birds in the last day. That whole migrating thing, ya know?

4 comments:

Arija said...

Love sour little birdies and am glad zoo contained yourself.

Arija said...

Love your little birdies and am glad you contained yourself. I love the tiny tweeters in general although I have difficulty seeing them anymore. I wish we had 28 degrees instead of the scorching, wind driven 35 today.
Guess we are talking about different scales of measurement though. Just keep warm . . . and happy.

Lucy Corrander : Photos said...

I never quite get used to the idea that bright birds like this can hop around a garden. They seem to belong to fairy tales or animated films than ordinary life. (Our birds here are almost uniformly brown.)

Mary Howell Cromer said...

You are too funny Jill, and sweet friends~