Thursday, December 5, 2013

Hey, something's hanging out of your mouth.

I'm all absentee again, it appears. Haven't been on a computer lately, shocking. Things in Texas are pretty low key right now, and this whole 80 degrees for 4 days then dropping 40-50 degrees is making my head hurt. I crave spring (and field work). I am no fan of this time of year. But this is not news.
During one of those nicer days, I went back to the coast. Spent my birthday at Anahuac NWR. Weather wasn't ideal (bad light and crazy wind) for photos, but I still had a good couple days. Birds were hungry! I'm pretty sure I don't have any photos of birds with fish, and somehow I managed to snag 3 in a few hours. None are that great, but still, hey. There was a great egret with a giant catfish also but flew off before I could get a photo.

4 comments:

biobabbler said...

Those shots are a TOTAL treat. *happy sigh*

Happy Birthday. Glad you got to a lovely place on your bday.

Arija said...

That first fish is a fair meal for a human. Great shots Jill. Sorry about the vacillating weather, no fun at all.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

These are really great Jill!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my, these photos are a great catch in more ways than one.