Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bluebirds. But not on my shoulder.

Bluebirds! For some reason people around here always claim "there are no bluebirds here." I wonder then, do they ever look outside? Do they ever go outside? Because hey! There are indeed eastern bluebirds watching you right now. Year round, in fact. 
Anyway, everyone loves bluebirds. Or at least, everyone should love bluebirds. How can they not make you at least a tiny bit happy? My time in Texas is almost coming to an end. A few more months and then I'll be hanging out with Western and Mountain Bluebirds again. At least for a few months, then I'll be on the run again. I hope Vladimir (my car) can handle multiple cross country trips, yikes. he's getting old, you know.

9 comments:

Arija said...

Exquisite Bluebird shots! Jill, I am crossing fingers and holding thumbs that sour dear Vladimir carries zoo wherever you wish to go.

Jenn said...

Beautiful captures! I have yet to see a Bluebird in New Braunfels, but always see them in Bay City! :) Go Texas!

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Very Sweet

Gunilla Bäck said...

Lovely birds!

Rajesh said...

Very cute.

Christian Weiß said...

Impressive birds with a great color.

Adam Jones said...

Such a stunning bird. Wish we had them here in the UK.

Carol L McKenna said...

Oh so pretty and wonderful shots! Wow!

carol, xxx
www.acreativeharbor.com

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

One day, I would love to see a blue bird - they are my favourite colour cornflower blue.