Monday, February 3, 2014

Pine warblers in your face

The birds seem to think it's spring or something, but I can't really say I agree with this sentiment. The Pine (all the birds in this post) and Yellow-rumped Warblers have started singing pretty hard the last week or so. Today while I was doing yoga, I witnessed two black vultures getting it on in the front yard. Migration has started also: had 5 new yardbirds within the last couple days. This is all good news, since I'm not really a fan of winter. So come on come on spring, get on ovah here!
It's going to be my first spring in a while without chasing Golden-cheeked warblers around, which is just a little bittersweet. Yikes! But I'll be out near some of my all-time favorite places (Northern Nevada/Utah/Oregon/Idaho) and I'll get to spend some quality time with western birds again. Definitely looking forward to the field season! So like I said, hurry up spring! Nature Notes

12 comments:

anw said...

Send some spring to PA too. We got a bunch of snow yesterday. I need some sunshine! Love the PIWAs.

John @ Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Yep. Saw a pair of dove getting it on in January. The peach tree and fig tree is budding out already. Nature is so confused.

Adam Jones said...

What a lovely little bird.

Gunilla B├Ąck said...

Pretty little birds!

Laura said...

Beautiful birds Jill!

Crafty Green Poet said...

what pretty birds! Our birds in Scotland think its Spring too...

Carver said...

The warblers are gorgeous.

Ileana said...

Beautiful birds!

Carole M. said...

these are delightful little yellow birds

Karen said...

Terrific shots of these little beauties! We won't see them for at least another month here.

Rambling Woods said...

Oh nice to have you in NN Jill.... Cute birds.... I agree, on to spring please.... Michelle

Fotoclipping Outsource said...

wow such great shots...just love this baby bird :)