Friday, February 28, 2014

Well hello there.

 
It's about that time. Last week I saw this red-shouldered hawk pair getting to know each other. Right time, right place. I was taking photos of yellow-rumped warblers and the female flew in pretty close and on an exposed snag's branch. Lucky me! I have a few more photos of the whole thing that I'll post later.  These were all taken in less than a minute.  The next day I saw some inca dove copulation, and there is a carolina wren carrying nesting material around and checking out nest spots. The jays are doing some serious territory fighting. Springtime! Breeding season! Yes please!

2 comments:

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Yep, our resident R-SH are on the nest as I write, protecting precious eggs I hope from the icing and snow we received past 24 hours. Nice series Jill~

Janie said...

Love is in the air, or on a branch.
Great photos!