Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Daily Dose of Cute

I went backpacking in the Ruby Mountains the last 5 days and had some much needed quality time with PIKAS!! I don't get to see them often enough so I was ridiculously excited to find a quite a few of them. They aren't really easy to find, see (but easy to hear with their adorable squeaks) or photograph- and they are surprisingly fast little buggers!  I finally saw a baby pika - yes, a baby pika, guys! Holy cute factor. (The one above is an adult) I got a handful of photos I was happy with, but mainly I was happy to just hang with pikas for a while. More to come!

3 comments:

biobabbler said...

The first time I heard a pike, I almost said out loud, to nature at large, "You've GOT to be kidding me."

Completely stuffed-animal-squeaky-toy squeak. SO CUTE!!!

So glad you got that cute infusion. =) xo

Pam said...

Someone else posted about pikas recently, cute isn't the word.

KaHolly said...

Cute, indeed.