Thursday, October 30, 2014

I'll Wrap up when Winter Blows

So long, fall time. See you later, autumn. You are no more! Snow showers tonight, low of 26? Chances are high that I will not make it through the night. I've got no tolerance for this nonsense. It's time to skeedaddle outta Wisconsin I think. Hmm..but alas, there is nowhere to go just yet. Mysteries.
Wisconsin offers a real nice leaf-changing season though. Great nights for fires and wine. I even have been to a couple Packer's games without freezing- what!? Found this little common garter snake a few days ago while wandering around. I was desperately trying to find some salamanders but I'm guessing they're already hunkering down. Snake friend was pretty cute though.

4 comments:

KaHolly said...

Brrr! I'd already be gone! Your pictures are all gorgeous, esp. that last one!!

Janie said...

The autumn leaves and the wine in front of the fire look inviting, but the low temps don't sound fun.

Steve Borichevsky said...

Nice. Oddly enough, I too found a garter snake out in late october, early november a couple of years ago in Massachusetts.

carolann said...

Your pictures are all beautiful. Thanks for sharing them.