Monday, November 17, 2014

Daily Dose of Cute

Hey hey! A long-tailed weasel! I saw this little friend while hanging out in PikaLand. My patience level can be pretty limited sometimes, but not when it comes to pikas, so I was rewarded by them and this long-tailed weasel, who was really curious about what I was, who I was, and what the hell I was up to. He noticed me from pretty far off and slyly and slowly made his way within maybe 10 feet at the closest. He was crazy hyperactive though, so I'm surprised I got any decent photos of the crazy nut.  As freaking cute as this weasel is, unfortunately, his kind does eat pikas. (This is a bummer, but he's gotta do what he's gotta do I guess).  Sir weasel, may I suggest a bed of lettuce with some grilled tempeh instead? 

12 comments:

biobabbler said...

Phew! What a fabulous catch. Wow.
Great work! =)

DeniseinVA said...

He sure is cute, you got great photos of him.

KaHolly said...

Definitely a cutie! They can be so curious.

Mary Cromer said...

How ADORABLE, just way too CUTE Jill!

Dominic Gendron said...

Its been to long since i stopped by on your blog! Always great stuff here like this nice weasel! Great shots ;-)

Carver said...

What a cutie and photographed so well.

EG CameraGirl said...

Such a sweet photo!

fredamans said...

Cute animal indeed!

bettyl-NZ said...

He is definitely an adorable little guy! Nature doesn't make sense to us sometimes, but it has its order of things.

NC Sue said...

Great catch of the weasel - he IS cute! But what the heck is a pika?

Won't you please stop by http://www.image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2014/11/moon-view.html and share?

Rambling Woods said...

He sure is cute and I would guess he is a cousin of the mink? I have seen mink on the pond twice and darn it, but it was carrying off the resident muskrat and babies. I took a video clip of it so I could prove that it was a mink and we do have them in this area of NY. But I guess as you said, they do what they have to do, but I would suggest house sparrow on toast... Michelle

Florence said...

Oh my, what a cutie!! Great photos!!