Thursday, December 31, 2015

Obligatory Best of 2015

Oh hey there. I suppose my nude year's, I mean, New Year's resolution should be something like...um, update the blog more? I'll make that attempt, I will! I will try. I definitely neglected this bad boy this year. It's been an ehhhh...an okay year. Not my favorite year, especially the last half., That last half of the year was a stupid, fat, asshole, to tell you the truth. I haven't really forgiven it, that bastard. So I'm hoping 2016 is a bit more of an upper. (Above: Marmot at Palouse Falls, WA; aftermath of a flash flood in southern Utah)
I am, however, grateful for my family and friends, my health, my buddy Hayduke, a flexible work schedule, sedatives, and stuff like that. I am really lucky and happy that I have been able to spend a lot of time with people I love this year.  I mean, it's not enough time, of course, but it's been good. I am craving some serious quality time with some of you, and you know who you are (if you know what's best for you...). I miss my G-nugget like crazy and losing him in August crushed my soul completely. Honestly, it made this year downright shitty. (Above: Western Rattlesnake and Short-eared Owl, both near Atomic City, Idaho)
The move to Idaho (northern part of the time, southern part of the time) has been better than expected. I am looking forward to getting back in the field in a couple months (though the likelihood of me freezing to death is high, terrifyingly high) and getting back off the grid. Wait! That may deter my resolution of updating this thing, huh? Hmm...(Above: Around Big Butte, ID; secret spot in southern Idaho)
So there it is. Here it is. Here's ten of my favorite photos from the last year. Because that's what goes on in photo blogs at the end of the year, ya know? Please forgive me for being such a lame photo blogger as of late.  I hope 2016 is the best one yet for all of you. Try to make the world a better place, because that's sort of what it's all about, in the end. (Above: male and female badgers, secret spot in Southern Idaho; Below: American Pika being ridiculously cute, gopher snake- both in southern ID)

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Yes, you should post on your blog more often! Sorry you had a shitty year; you and me both I guess. Hope 2016 will be better!

Dan said...

Glad to see your blog alive and well.

Martha Z said...

I do hope you can find time to keep up the blog. You are a very talented photographer and I enjoy your images.