Wednesday, January 20, 2016

God bless America. Let's save some of it.

Mahahaha! I'm back! Hello again! I have returned! I won't get as rant-y as I did in my last post, but I still have a few things to say. I'm still crazy livid about this Malheur hostage situation (that's exactly what it is). I want to point out that all the photos in this blog (and really, the vast majority of all photos I post) are on PUBLIC LAND. Public land which we need to fully and actively protect and support, especially after this inane terrorist situation in Oregon. National Forests, National Parks, Wilderness areas, BLM land, etc. This land is OUR land. Those who think otherwise have zero entitlement and for them to think that proves their selfishness, ignorance, and stupidity. (Above: Keeper of all Sante Fe National forest: The Golden-mantled Ground Squirrel; Ojito Wilderness; Gray Jay torpedo)
A fitting add to my (very tame) rant is this: See the photos of Sante Fe National Forest (part of it is a Wilderness Area)? Pretty, eh? Well. Some loser skier(s) figured they had the right to go ahead and annihilate(kill) thousands (THOUSANDS!) of trees and make their own ski runs. Pathetic. You'd like to think people who partake in outdoor activities have some sort of respect for the natural world and it's really rather devastating when you find out just how inherently crappy some people are. It makes me genuinely sad (and gives me the genuine rage, also). I went out there to document the destruction that these fools caused and it was pretty mind-blowing. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that sweet, sweet, beautiful justice (er, revenge? vengeance?)  will be served to these idiots, like it will to the inbred Malheur Cheeto-eaters. (Above: Santa Fe National Forest; the southwest sky never disappoints)
I've been spending some time in New Mexico on/off the last few months so here are some photos from around there/here. ...I've had lots of good family time and I've actually seen the sun this winter, which is a pretty big deal. Vitamin D. Whew. Johnny needs the sun real badly.  (the title quote is from the one, the only, the god, Ed Abbey) Above: Santa Fe National Forest; the southwest skies never disappoint; Snow White Johnny; Ojito Wilderness; Below: Santa Fe NF; Ojito Wilderness side crow)

1 comment:

KaHolly said...

I see the likes of this happening almost daily in beautiful Cape Breton. It's sickening.